New Appointment Process
Please collect and send all documents below in one package to the Office for Postdoctoral Scholars, 502 Main Building.
- Request for Appointment Form
- Staff Personal Action Form
- If needed, the completed J-1 Information Form (I am the contact in the "For Department Only" section at the bottom of the form. Diana Dickson, 1-8208, firstname.lastname@example.org) If the new J1 scholar appointment is for a duration of 6 months or less, the following additional form is required: Short-Term Scholar Form
- Copy of current CV or resume in English
- For international appointments, a copy of appointee's and any accompanying family members' ID photo page in passport
- For J1’s, Proof of Funding if ND is not paying the appointee (The minimum funding requirements are located on page 3 of the J-1 Information Form.)
- Proof of Degree (not required for Senior Research Associate, Visiting Scholar or Research Visitor.)
- If an Intent to Hire letter has been signed it must accompany the Request for Appointment
- Completed H1B packet submitted to General Counsel for H1B visa types.
- PLEASE NOTE: If the appointment is for two (2) years you will need to provide two (2) Staff Personal Action Forms. One for each year of the appointment.